Job is no longer active.
Please click here to see all current available jobs.
Relief Worker - Cayman Islands
Relief Worker (Part-Time)
To provide advocacy and support to abused women who reside at the 24 Hour Emergency Shelter facility. The successful candidate will work on weekends and public holidays as well as provide emergency relief for the evening and over shifts when needed.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Answer and responds to 24-H Crisis Hotline calls
- Complete intake and exit interviews
- Assess clients’ needs and makes referrals to community agencies
- Provide case management and advocacy, intervenes in crises
- Conduct and facilitate psychoeducational individual and group meetings
- Provide coaching and intervention to resolve conflict; assists clients with developing personal safety plans
- Ensure all agency policies and procedures are implemented
- Document and maintain clients files and communication in accordance with agency standards
Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree in Psychology, Counseling or related human/social field
- In-depth knowledge of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Ability to work in a stressful environment; time management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written skills; communication skills and resolving conflict skills
- Computer literate; fluency in Spanish is an asset
- Candidate must possess a current driver’s licence and reliable vehicle