Job is no longer active.
Please click here to see all current available jobs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and supervising all on-site construction activities of the project to ensure compliance with the Cayman Islands Building Code, Plumbing Code, Mechanical Code, Electrical Code and relevant Laws and Regulations relating to public health and safety.
Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Supervise projects under construction for code compliance and conditions of approval.
• Interpret drawings and specifications and implement quality control procedures.
• Ensure all strategic critical decisions are made and executed within the programmer time.
• Implement and maintain safety and health procedures for all Contractors.
• Co-ordinate building control inspection.
• Maintain a site diary (Record site inspections, inclement weather, visitors to site etc).
• Maintain a project schedule (monthly, weekly and daily) the works required.
• Prepare payment certificates stage payments for Contractors in accordance with the payment policy.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
• Five years’ experience in construction project supervision.
• Have extensive knowledge and experience in Construction Discipline, in building, plumbing.
• Have extensive knowledge of the ICC 2009 family of codes (Building, Mechanical, Plumbing and/or Fire) and related technical standards (NFPA 72, NFPA 13, and ANSI 117.1).
• Knowledge of general construction practices.
• Ability to read blue prints.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written.
• Ability to work with others as a team and with the public.
• Ability to rectifying problems with excellent interpersonal skills.
**Competitive package available.