Job is no longer active.
Please click here to see all current available jobs.
We are currently looking for a Paralegal to join a very well established organization, operating out of the Grand Cayman Offices.
The successful candidate will need to be able to work independently and under pressure and must have a well-defined and clearly demonstrated commitment to excellence. Confidentiality and discretion are absolutely integral to the role.
Essential functions include:
• Drafting and proof-reading basic legal documents and correspondence
• Various compliance and compliance oriented functions, including
o making and reporting on annual CRS filings,
o preparing KYC bundles for investments,
o ensuring FATCA compliance,
o reporting to group company directors on AML compliance matters generally, and o leading the preparation and maintenance of the Group’s AML and AEOI policies.
• Acting as the main point of contact and liaising directly with third parties on AML compliance matters and requests
• Filing, indexing, organizing and maintaining physical and digital files generated by the private equity and legal teams
• Conducting legal research, analyzing legal information and making appropriate recommendations
The successful candidate will possess:
• A Bachelor’s degree, a paralegal certificate from an accredited program, and/or commensurate paralegal experience
• At least 3 to 5 years’ experience providing legal services in a paralegal or legal support role at a top tier international law firm or financial services organization in a major financial center
• Familiarity with Cayman Islands legislation, regulatory regime and applicable international AEOI regimes is preferred
• Knowledge of and/or experience managing corporate governance and compliance matters for a global business is strongly preferred
• Experience in electronic document management and filing systems and fluency in Microsoft Office
• Good communication skills, including the ability to liaise with people across the business who are located in multiple countries
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong analytical and prioritisation skills and the ability to organise a large workload and meet deadlines
• Exceptional attention to detail