This role will provide administration support to the Transfer Agency team, handling investor communication and ensuring all investor related transactions are in compliance with anti-money laundering requirements to our LatAM based clients.
The Fund Administrator will be expected to:
• Communicate with Fund managers, Investors and Service Providers;
• Process investor transactions (subscriptions agreements, redemption and firms transfer requests);
• Collect and maintain investor AML KYC documentation;
• Enter and maintain contact information for new and additional investors within the firm’s transfer agency system;
• Track and deposit funds received for investment;
• Maintain and review all paperwork received in the funding process; request outstanding documents from the investor as necessary;
• Create investor records for new subscriptions, redemptions and transfers;
• Scan all documents for digital storage if not received in digital format;
• Handle investor service inquiries;
• Initiate same-day wire payments and draft checks on various banking platforms as requested by the client;
• Create wire package and check for review in accordance with internal control procedures;
• Assist the team with the preparation and distribution of investor correspondence;
• Perform daily bank reconciliations and update general ledger with daily cash activity;
• Assist the Team with other ad hoc projects, when needed;
• Report suspicious transactions to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer;
• Know and enforce fund-specific terms from the fund’s offering documents;
• Communicate with fund’s operators or Investment Managers for approval of transactions and waivers of terms, when needed;
• Execute wire transfers on behalf of funds for redemptions, distributions and expenses;
• Participate in mandated training sessions.
• Responsible for the smooth functioning of growing Investor Services team
• Ensure our services comply with all applicable regulatory requirements and adhere to global procedures as well as internal controls for the Investor Services function
• Ensure the Investor Services function fully aligns with the strategic initiatives of the business.
• Contribute on the implementation and maintenance of global Policies and Procedures as it pertains to Investor Services function.
• Contribute to the design and implementation of new products and improve operational efficiencies.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or Finance;
• Experience in the Financial Services industry with exposure to Investor Relations and AML compliance;
• Fluent in the English language with excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
• Fluency in Portuguese language with excellent communication skills, both oral and written an asset;
• Excellent computer skills; Word, Excel with the ability to quickly learn other software;
• Ability to work with numbers;
• Excellent customer service skills;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• A team player with a great attitude and strong work ethic;
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines, while following tasks through to completion.