Job is no longer active.
Please click here to see all current available jobs.
Corporate Legal Secretary
Now that you have gained several years of legal experience working in reputable law firms, you’re wondering what’s next. You’ve supported Associates and Partners, excelled under pressure, proven you can meet tight deadlines but are you starting to question what the next step in your legal career might look like? Not everyone who starts in the legal profession wants to practice, so as an experienced legal secretary what are your options…The Cayman Islands, an offshore tax-free jurisdiction, known for its crystal-clear waters and world-famous white sands. If this sounds like the perfect career move for you, then read on.
The prospective company:
A high-profile, award-winning law firm with an international reach is searching for exactly what you have to offer. With a bustling Corporate division, they are motivated to secure the best legal secretarial support available. An esteemed team consisting of other experienced support staff is busy with an influx of exciting corporate matters.
- Proactively contribute to the overall success of the firms success by actively seeking to improve working processes, proactively anticipating the needs of clients and colleagues
- Diary management and travel arrangement coordination if/when required
- Arranging and attending meetings if/when required
- Document production; undertake these tasks to a very high standard, ensuring timeliness and accuracy
- Proof-reading documents
- Drafting and handling regular email correspondence
- Billing and matter management – invoicing duties, billings, ensuring accuracy submission, prepare invoice cover letters etc.
- Develop excellent relationships with internal/external clients promptly and professionally
What they are looking for:
- Ideally a Law Degree or similar with 3+ years of experience or 5+ years of legal experience as a Legal Secretary
- Proven track record of working in a Corporate firm/department previously
- Excellent typing speed and experience in drafting legal correspondence
- Upstanding written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and self-manage
- Ability to work in a dynamic, busy team whilst working well under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
This position offers an excellent tax-free salary which will be dependent on experience. Other highly-competitive benefits are on offer, so please apply now. Let’s have a confidential conversation today.