I recently read an article written by Sarah Robb O’Hagan, president of Equinox where she shares 5 tips on staying motivated at work. I found them to be super helpful and hope you will too!
1. Exercise early in the morning. If you are like me, this is so hard. Who wants to wake up any earlier than they have to? But trust me, it’s so important to get up and get moving, it makes the rest of your day so much better.
2. Spending time with co-workers. Grab coffee, lunch, or hey, maybe you can work out together in the mornings! Whatever it is, getting to know your co-workers is so important, especially since you will be spending the majority of your day with them.
3. Create moments for inspiration. Read articles about the field you are in so that you can stay up to date on current trends.
4. Push yourself. Reach outside your comfort zone, jump into a new project that you normally would not participate in. You will not be able to move forward if you do not try new things.
5. Be sure to regenerate. Don’t forget to sleep! Getting enough sleep will help you stay alert and focused throughout the day. Also, be sure to take breaks during the day. Get away from your computer and take a walk to reenergize yourself so that you will be able to tackle the next challenge on your to-do list.
“If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” Nora Roberts