Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac and Little Cayman are the tropical gems of the Caribbean Sea.
While widely recognized as a worthwhile tourist destination, many travelers and locals are unaware of how truly unique they really are.
Discovery Day – Public Holiday, 15th May 2017.
- Did you know that Discovery Day in the Cayman Islands commemorates the discovery of the Sister Islands of Cayman Brac and Little Cayman by Christopher Columbus in 1503? The public holiday is celebrated on the third Monday in May.
Election is right around the corner!
- The first demographic election was held on December 10, 1831. In 1832, there were 933 people living in the Cayman Islands, now there is over 60,000.
The Movie “Haven” was filed in Grand Cayman, how cool is that!
- In 2006, “Haven,” a film by Caymanian director Frank E. Flowers starring Orlando Bloom, was shot in Grand Cayman's West Bay.
Scuba diving’s birth home
- The Cayman Islands were the birthplace of Scuba Diving and the popular pastime was introduced in 1957. The island is home to dive sites for people of all skill levels including both shallow options (like Stingray City) and deep dives (such as Babylon).
7 mile beach’s actual size
- Don’t tell anyone but the Seven Mile Beach is actually 5.5 miles long! It is the most popular beach on the island and, believe it or not, the average winter temperature of the water is around 80°F (27°C).